Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Have I offended anyone, yet?

I'll have to admit it, the death of Gary Gygax kept me from writing here... either that, or I had plenty of stuff to do elsewhere. Anyways, I was thinking about another side of myself, that I probably should bring forth.

People say I have a disturbed sense of humour. Among my collection of books you'll find collections of ethnic jokes, entire books on Jewjokes, Gayjokes and assorted other lowbrow topics. Humour that entertain and offends. This is where the intelligent and the ludicrously stupid meets. This is where the small minded bigot expresses his doubts, his fears, his entire weltanschauung, and where the over-ironic intellectual finds his risky amusement.

As a folklorist I have an excuse to indulge in those most tasteless of comedic genres, it allows me to sit here and drink some fine single malt whiskey and laugh heartily at lovely little bits like this:

And if anyone can tell me where it's from, I'll be very happy. I need the rest!

No comments: